Combi Comfort cubicle
The Combi Comfort cubicle offers optimum flexibility during installation combined with excellent cow comfort. The Combi Comfort can be installed with a comfort bend or 180-degree rotated with a straight pipe at the bottom (US version).
The version with the comfort bend offers the most space for the cows. The bend accommodates the bulge of the rumen, and the entire bed is used. A prerequisite for proper guidance is a fixed distance between the cubicle and the bracket. In case of a green bedding or sand bedding, this cannot be guaranteed.
In the US cubicle, the cow is situated between the pipes, making this version less sensitive to height differences. Because the cow is laying in between the pipes, the cubicle width should be 5 cm more than the Comfort version in order to offer the same amount of space.
Both cubicle types are available in a standard version with a height of 121 cm or in a high-Neckrail version with a height of 131 cm. The latter is especially suitable for a herd of cows of above-average size.
In a single-row setup, the Combi Comfort is directly mounted to a vertical post or to tubes. In a double-row setup, the opposing brackets are connected to each other. Therfore, the Combi Comfort is available in various lengths, ranging from 190cm to 250 cm. That way, you can find a fitting bracket that offers sufficient space and is easy to mount for virtually any cubicle length.
Installing the Combi Comfort cubicle
The Combi Comfort can be installed in various ways:
- Directly onto a brisket board made of cast concrete: The bracket is mounted onto the concrete using 2 clamps. This system is in no way adjustable, which means it is not possible to anticipate changes in the size of the herd or other future developments. The most straightforward cubicle, low-budget edition.
- Directly to the vertical posts. This is a straightforward and affordable method. The disadvantage of this is that the cubicle can only be adjusted vertically. The width is permanently set by the vertical posts.
- To 2 horizontal 2” tubes: This is the most commonly-used cubicle system. The bracket is attached to 2 horizontal tubes, which, in turn, are attached to vertical posts every 3.30 metres approximately. This is the most flexible cubicle system, since both its height and width are adjustable.
- As a single-beam version: In this case, the bracket is attached to 1 heavy beam which is attached to a barn pillar or vertical post every 5 metres. This cubicle system is often used in combination with Green Bedding in order to minimise the number of posts touching the corrosive bedding.
Combi Comfort cubicle options
There are plenty of options to complete the cubicle:
- The extended clamp plate. This product gives the cubicle extra stability. The first attachment point is closer to the rear, and the the cubicle is attached to the neck rail through a plate connection rather than a point connection. The extended clamp plate is an investment in the durability of the system.
- The curved neck rail. The curved neck rail offers the cow significantly more space compared to the horizontal-tube version. This means the cow can move more easily. The V-shaped version automatically guides the cow to the middle of the cubicle. As a result, the cows generally take a straighter position in the cubicle, resulting in reduced soiling.
- The plastic knee barrier. The kneebarrier demarcates the cubicle in a very animal-friendly manner. Because of this, the neck rail loses part of its guiding function, which means it can be attached slightly more to the front. This gives the cow significantly more space to stand or lie down. The knee barrier can be adjusted after mounting, so it can be fine-tuned later.